Bypass gatekeepers. Hold contests. Become a super user.
What does it take to actually be seen in the social media sphere? To raise your profile so that you’re seen as a leading voice, a super user? And can that voice be translated into an actual business, or a great new job? A couple weeks ago I keynoted a conference called the PINCShow, for print designers, in San Francisco. It was produced by the Visual Media Alliance (VMA, formerly known as PINC).The presentation offers just a sampling of different voice-building techniques along with stories of the people and organizations that made them happen.
Got some techniques of your own? What’s been successful? What hasn’t? Let us know.
And here are some follow up materials:
- HOW TO: Cultivate Your Brand’s Super Users (Mashable)
- 14 Successful Techniques for Building Your Industry Voice with Social Media (Post and PDF)
- End of the Resume, Rise of the Super User (14 minutes Slidecast presentation)
- 10 Creative Contests Powered by Social Media (Mashable)
- 20 Expert Tips on Running a Contest with Social Media (PDF)
- More Slidecast presentations