The story of Tripwire and the security industry
One of the most critical and popular aspects of my business, Spark Media Solutions, is live event reporting and production, where I, backed by my team, attend conferences and trade shows and report on the event from the editorial viewpoint of the client.
If my client is interested in a subject that happens to be the subject of a conference, then they want to be a participant in that conversation. They can do that through live event reporting. Depending on how you approach the reporting, that editorial voice can take the form of either being at the center of discussion, a voice on that topic, or that of a moderator who acts as a hub for all information on that topic.
By attending live industry events, one of my clients, Tripwire, an Internet Technology security company, did an excellent job making their presence felt across the security industry. This is the story of how Tripwire and my colleagues worked together to build relations and content with and for the leading voices in the security industry.
How to become a respected voice
It’s free! No registration required.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this case study:
- The importance of integrated marketing campaigns that combine traditional and social communications.
- How to build relations through interviewing rather than pitching.
- How to find your industry’s influencers.
- Importance of speed and timing of content.
- How to create a relationship with influencers that’s based on mutual passion.
- How a brand journalism approach can be more effective for press relations than traditional PR.
- The true value of social media ROI is the return on relationships.
Stock photo courtesy of Shutterstock.