This is part three of our three-part Social Media Planning series, broken down into the following phases:
Now it’s time for four beefy steps for completing a social media plan:
1. Outline a phased plan
- Using recommendations from your social media strategy, outline a phased plan.
- Make your first phase as manageable as possible based on the organization’s resources.
- Subsequent phases should evaluate existing tools and goal fulfillment.
Here is an example of a two-phase plan:
- Optimize existing website
- Start a blog for the organization
- Optimize or create optimized accounts with some social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Create optimized accounts with and populate media communities such as Flickr and YouTube.
- Integrate all of these accounts using an integration tool like Ping.fm or HootSuite.
- Use an analytics/metrics tool such as PostRank or Radian6 to measure progress and success.