September 28, 2010

Storify: Make stories using social media

by David Spark

I’m at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco reporting for Yammer.

Almost a full year ago I wrote an analyst report entitled “Real-Time Search and Discovery of the Social Web” (get your copy of the 20-page PDF), and I argued that one of the failures of the value of the real-time web is the lack of editors monitoring the data and then republishing it in a digested form. Continue reading

August 25, 2010

How to crowdsource the production of a feature length film

by David Spark

What Hollywood has discovered is that people can be really passionate about stories and characters. Fans are so emphatic they just want more. Hollywood appeases them with additional content such as t-shirts, extras on a DVD, and maybe a podcast.

But what if the entire production is fully shut down, yet the fans want the story to continue? Continue reading

March 15, 2010

Cause marketing motivated through challenges

by David Spark

Joe Jaffe explains how our desire to game with each other can be a useful marketing tool At the Diggnation party at South by Southwest Interactive, I caught up with author and social media maven, Joe Jaffe of Jaffejuice and Jaffejuice.tv. Joe had actually interviewed me a year and a half ago regarding an article I had written for Mashable … Continue reading

March 4, 2010

RSA 2010: What responsibility do security bloggers have to the industry?

by David Spark

At the RSA Conference in San Francisco, I interviewed Andrew Hay (@andrewsmhay), a security blogger and Information Security Analyst at the University Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada. Hay had keynoted the hipper side security conference known as Security B-Sides earlier this week. One of the issues Hay talked about at B-Sides was that security bloggers were becoming the voice of the security … Continue reading

February 23, 2010

17 visionaries predict impact of social on the enterprise

by Christopher Rollyson

The adoption of Web 2.0 and social networking accelerated significantly over the past year, and it shows no sign of stopping. Here are perspectives of highly experienced execs who share their thoughts on how Web 2.0 is changing their businesses and mindsets. Continue reading

February 18, 2010

Chatting with Wikipedia’s Jimmy Wales about community

by JD Lasica

(CC) photo by Joi Ito Yesterday I wore two hats as a guest and co-host on David Mathison’s Be the Media Radio podcast on BlogTalkRadio along with Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales. The topic was online communities — how to grow, nurture and sustain them, Here’s our hourlong conversation — Jimmy Wales comes in about 20 minutes into it: It was … Continue reading