Deltina is an author, educator, speaker, developer, and consultant with over 25 years experience. She is available for:
- Social Media and Social Media Newsroom Consulting: If you are overwhelmed by all of the tools and advice out there regarding social media, Deltina can help you make sense of it all and assist you in creating a manageable plan that will not kill you or your staff to maintain. Social media newsrooms are a great choice for organizations with a lot of news to share with their following. As she did for the award-winning newsroom of the University of Missouri, Deltina can help you and your staff develop a newsroom that will reflect the mission of your organization.
- Mobile Web, Search, and Internet Future Consulting: Deltina's Bootstrapper's Guides are indicative of her ability to see where the Internet is heading and what you need to do to prepare. She offers affordable consultation to businesses who want to prepare for mobile, the new search algorithms, cloud computing, and beyond.
- Curriculum Development: As demonstrated in her books, Deltina is a natural teacher. She has developed online curriculum for classes on social media, the mobile web, and online marketing. If you have a university-level course to develop or a one-day workshop, Deltina can help you develop your curriculum, and even teach the class.
Deltina Hay, author of The Bootstrapper’s Guide to the Mobile Web and The Social Media Survival Guide, is a veteran web developer, publisher, and a pioneer of social media and Web 2.0, especially as it applies to small business and the publishing industry. She is an avid writer, presenter, educator, and blogger.
Hay’s deep working knowledge of social media and mobile web concepts, as well as how to apply them in the real world, make her writings and presentations some of the most accessible in the industry today. Currently, she educates businesses on the strategies, technologies, and tools for creating a sustainable and optimized presence in the social and mobile web. She presently teaches the graduate level Social Media Certificate program online for Drury University..
Founder of Social Media Power, Dalton Publishing, and PLUMB Web Solutions, Hay is a regular contributor to many journals and online news sources, including Technorati and SocialMedia.biz. Deltina' YouTube video series receives over 10,000 views a month..
A long-time advocate of open source technologies, Hay has been programming or developing for the Web for over 25 years. Her graduate education includes computer science, applied mathematics, numerical analysis, fluid dynamics, nonlinear dynamics, and psychology. Hay is on the board of the International Marketing Standards Board’s Global Board of Advisers.
“You can't keep what you have without giving it away.”
“Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle.”
- 5 ways to turn your YouTube views into sales and traffic
- 10 best practices for your mobile website
- Making sense of mobile website solutions
- The Ultimate Mobile Web Infographic
- 3 steps to a successful mobile website
- The importance of mobile optimized landing pages
- 3 steps to a successful mobile website
- 4 simple steps to measuring social media success
- 4 reasons you need a mobile website
- How to verify your Google Plus page
- Encourage visitors to save your site as a mobile shortcut
- How do people use the mobile Web?
- Why you should care about the mobile Web
- Control which image Facebook uses to represent your site
- Top brands’ Facebook landing tabs we admire
- Will auto-posting stunt the reach of your Facebook posts?
- What a Linkedin InMap can tell you
- How to create a social media plan in 4 beefy steps
- Create a social media strategy in four steps
- A social media analysis in six steps
- Resources for using microformats and structured data
- The benefits of structuring your data using microformats
- The Semantic Web: An explanation in plain English
- Web 3.0 demystified: An explanation in pictures
- 2 plans to integrate your Social Web presence
- Top Web 2.0 tools to help with your New Year’s resolutions
- 5 ways to increase the reach of your blog or RSS feed
- Do you have a strategy for social bookmarking and crowdsourcing?
- How to advertise your business on Facebook
- Survival Guide Chapter 5: Podcasts, vidcasts and Webcasts
- Survival Guide Chapter 4: Building a WordPress-powered website
- Survival Guide Chapter 3: RSS feeds & blogs
- Survival Guide Chapter 2 Overview
- Survival Guide Chapter 1 Overview
- Just out: The book on social media
- Practically painless FeedBurner Google transition
- Streamlining your social Web presence in 6 steps