Tap into SEO-boosting social media on your mobile device
Guest post by Megan Totka
Chief Editor, ChamberofCommerce.com
You’re likely already familiar with the inherent benefits of having your business on Google Plus. While it might not be Facebook or Twitter, you’ll still see a lot of mileage with 343 million users on the Circles-based social media network.
Some social marketers go so far as to argue that, networking aside, the discoverability aspect of Google+ is worth its weight in gold for your company site, given that the search engine giant bumps up the search results of businesses that get some link love from G+ members. By building your business profile and claiming authorship to your online content, you can enhance search engine results for your company and targeted keywords on Google with your professional picture and bio, making people more likely to click.
As always, the challenge is finding the time to engage on social media. Google makes it easier to network on Google+ and perform other essential tasks from anywhere, with Google Apps for Business.
And as more and more of us move to the mobile Web, you should start thinking of Google Apps for Business beyond its traditional desktop role — it’s now a full-fledged mobile solution.
Google Apps for Business: A quick overview
This cloud-based solution combines all the Google elements you probably already use into a single productivity suite, putting tools for storage, collaboration, scheduling, and more at your fingertips. Whether you’re flying solo or working with a team, the suite offers secure access to your data, documents, email, and calendar — anytime, anywhere.
Features of Google Apps for Business include:
- Gmail with offline support and custom email addresses
- Google-powered calendar with scheduling, reminders, and sharing
- Cloud storage through Google Drive
- Document creation and sharing with Google Drive
- A spreadsheet app with click-to-edit charts and discussion comments
- Google Slides for creating and collaborating on presentations
- Google+ access with integrated Hangouts
The full Google Apps for Business suite is available on multiple mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows, and as Web-based apps through other platforms. The cost is $5 per user per month, or $50 per user per year.
The advantages of Mobile Google+
Just as with any other application, the ability to use Google+ from your mobile device saves you time. You can check in whenever you have a few extra minutes, like during your commute, standing in line, or waiting on an appointment, and remain active on your network without having to dedicate hours at a time.
With Google Apps for Business, there are quite a few other things you can do with Google+ and your mobile device of choice. A few examples:
- Use Hangouts to conduct team or client meetings.
- Take photos at events or conferences and update Google+ on the fly — you can share photos automatically with “Party Mode” activated.
- Collaborate quickly and efficiently with Huddle, the Google+ group chat feature.
- Schedule and host a webinar from anywhere.
- Connect on the spot with potential clients, business partners, or other new contacts when you meet in person.
The more tools you can add to your social marketing efforts, the more effective you’ll be. How can Google+ on your mobile device enhance your business?
Image courtesy of Miki Yoshihito