Iwas impressed by the last gathering put on in San Francisco by this team — Social Media Marketing 2010 — so I can heartily recommend Monitoring Social Media, a full day conference on Thursday followed by a half-day training bootcamp on Friday. Monitoring and tracking are among the least understood elements of brands’ social media campaigns and long-term efforts, so you should send a rep to soak in as many insights as possible.
There’s a meetup for the event tonight at 6:30 at Minna in San Francisco; check it out on the San Francisco Blog Club Meetup.com page.
Socialmedia.biz readers get a special discount of 10 percent when registering by using this discount code: Socialmediabiz10. Hurry, there are only a few tickets left!
Here are the details from event organizer and social media specialist Murray Newlands.
What: Monitoring Social Media – San Francisco
Where: The Box SF, 1069 Howard Street, San Francisco
When: Thursday, Oct. 21, from 8:30 am to 5 pm, followed by an optional half-day bootcamp Friday
Who: The sterling speaker lineup includes Marcel LeBrun, CEO of Radian6, Giles Palmer, founder of Brandwatch, Ben Straley, CEO of Meteor Solutions, Jennifer Zeszut, Chief Social Strategist of Lithium Technologies and many others.
Agenda: The conference will bring together leading brands, PR and marketing experts to discuss the latest ideas, trends and techniques in social media monitoring and measurement. Topics include:
- Social Media Monitoring Tools and Services
- Brand and Reputation Management
- Sentiment Detection and Analysis
- Data Quality and Filtering
- Identifying and Connecting with Influencers
- Beyond Listening: Measurement and ROI
- The Future of Social Media Monitoring
- Case studies and Best Practice
- Marketing Strategists & Directors
- PR & Communications Managers
- Social Media Experts
- Bloggers & Journalists
Register here. Ticket price includes lunch (optional), refreshments and a handbook and networking drinks at the end of the day.
- Are You Interested in Monitoring Social Media? (cloudave.com)
- Social Media Monitoring is the Key to Developing Successful Gadgets (ubergizmo.com)
JD Lasica is founder of Socialmedia.biz. We work with large and mid-size businesses and organizations on social media strategies and optimizing your online presence. Contact JD by email, follow him on Twitter and Google Plus or leave a comment below.