From time to time, Socialmedia.biz will post guest entries from our friends at SEOmoz, the top site on the Web to help sites achieve better search engine rankings. Here’s the first.
Guest post by Danny Dover
Iam proud to announce the new and improved Beginner’s Guide to SEO (search engine optimization). This free tutorial covers everything you need to know to get started improving your search engine rankings in the major search engines. Put simply, this is the resource I would have kicked a fool in order to get my hands on when I was first diving into the wild world of SEO.
The New Beginner’s Guide to SEO
The Beginner’s Guide to SEO won’t cost you a dime. It is free to read, download and otherwise devour. The guide is the result of hundreds of hours of research and includes chapters on all of the following topics:
- How Search Engines Operate
- How People Interact With Search Engines
- Why Search Engine Marketing is Necessary
- The Basics of Search Engine Friendly Design & Development
- Keyword Research
- How Usability, Experience, & Content Affect Rankings
- Growing Popularity and Links
- Search Engine’s Tools for Webmasters Intro
- Myths & Misconceptions About Search Engines
- Measuring and Tracking Success
I look forward to hearing your feedback about the new guide in the comments. Your input in these comments will serve as the official feedback form for this guide. I will use your recommendations to help improve and update the guide over time.
SEOmoz is not affiliated with Socialmedia.biz and has not reviewed this translation. SEOmoz provides the Web’s best SEO tools and resources.